Start in the morning and enjoy the drive through the spectacular country landscape. Pictures change one after the other, mountains (Taygettus), pine-trees, olive-trees, grapes, fields, small villages, sea and again fields and mountains to reach Monemvasia and its Venetian glorious ancient castle (6th century). You can have an unforgettable overnight stay in the castle, in one of the comfortably and fabulously formatted apartments of it, depending on your accommodation and rate requirements. Small souvenir shops in the Castle’s narrow paths & traditional taverns, can offer you a nice dinner and friendly prices & service. Moreover, if you wish, we can easily reach the Monemvasia village (5-10mins driving) for a wider variety of taverns.
Soon after your breakfast we can drive to Sparta (at the foot of Mount Taygettus) ,one of the most interesting historical destinations, a cultural ancient center, famous for its well-organized ancient army. Leonidas was one of the bravest Spartans, always ready to defend the homeland against its enemies. King Agamemnon of Mycenae and his brother King Menelaus of Sparta held war against Troy and Trojan prince Paris to bring back to Sparta the beautiful queen Elena (King Agamemnon’s wife).
Entrance fees into Mystra area & Sparta Museum are 5 Euro total pp (combined ticket obtained at the ticket office)
Free admission for:
- Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
Free admission for all on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
SUMMER PERIOD: 1 April – 31 October
WINTER PERIOD: 1 November – 31 March
Opening hours for the archaeological area of Mystra:
- Winter period: Monday – Sunday: 08:00-15:00
- Summer period: Monday to Sunday: 08:00- 20:00
All sites and museums are closed or have reduced opening hours, on the following holidays:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
- Easter Sunday : closed
- Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 1 May: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
- 15 August: 08.30-15.00
- 28 October: 08.30-15.00
- 25 December: closed
- 26 December: closed
- Please note that on this tour, your driver is not licensed to accompany you inside any site or museum. If you want a licensed guide to tour the sites with you, you can hire one at extra cost.
- Mystra is a huge hilly area with lots of difficult walking over, sometimes loose rocks, so please wear close toe good walking shoes.
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended. Sun glasses and sun screen are suggested.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
- The order of the sites may change due to many reasons. We do our best to ensure that every stop described is available for your visit. There are some times when a site or building is closed at the last moment with little to no warning. We assume that those in charge make those decisions based on external information and for the visitors’ safety and we apologize when this causes inconvenience and disappointment.
- Our prices are much better in comparison to those of the big tour operators, because we are ourselves the tour operator and we do not use third party providers
- A hat to protect your head and shade your face is also recommended when spending a significant amount of time in the sun.
- The area around Mycenae and Epidaurus Theater can become quite crowded, especially during the peak travel months, so be aware of your surroundings and keep your belongings close to you.
- Do not accept ‘gifts’ from street vendors approaching tourists. They may offer you roses, but if choose you accept, you will be expected to pay or give a tip for them.
- It’s always a great idea to bring a bottle of water and sunscreen with you because in the warmer months it becomes quite hot and sunny.
More details about the attractions you visit
For your safety inside the vehicle, drivers provide commentary only when it is deemed safe to do so while driving. When your driver must concentrate during difficult driving conditions, please refrain from any distracting behaviour as your safety during the tour is our top priority.
Your Driver will drop you off as close to the sites as legally possible and in accordance to the Municipality and Traffic laws of Athens.
Our service is solely confirmed when the potential customer has received and email confirming services along with the details of the tour. If the confirmation email is not received than please conclude that the service has not been confirmed. We suggest you contact us immediately for further clarification.