Drive westwards along the scenic coast, until we reach the Corinth Canal
with its breathtaking views (short stop).
There after we reach the Ancient Town of Corinth (visit) where St. Paul lived and preached for two years. Back in the ancients times Corinth was amongst the richest cities and this is quite evident by its remains, including the huge agora (market place) and Apollo’s Temple (6th c.B.C) brief stop at the site of the ancient port Kenchreai where St. Paul disembarked.
Return to Athens.
> Entrance Fees to Ancient Corinth is 6 Euros
Free admission for:
- Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
Free admission for all on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
Summer period: 1 April – 31 October
Winter period: 1 November – 31 March
Opening hours for the archaeological area of Ancient Corinth:
Winter period: 8:00am-15:00
Summer period: From 3/4 to 30/4, 08:00am-19:00
From 2/5 to 30/9, 08:00am-20:00
From 1/10/ to 15/10, 08:00am-19:00
From 16/10 to 31/10, 08:00am-18:00
All sites and museums are closed or have reduced opening hours, on the following holidays:
• 1 January: closed
• 6 January: closed
• Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 25 March: closed
• Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
• Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
• Easter Sunday : closed
• Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 1 May: closed
• Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
• 15 August: 08.30-15.00
• 28 October: 08.30-15.00
• 25 December: closed
• 26 December: closed
- Please note that on this tour, your driver is not licensed to accompany inside Corinth’s archaeological area or museum.If you want a licensed guide to tour the sites with you, you can hire one at extra cost.
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended. Sun glasses and sun screen are suggested.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
- Our prices are much better in comparison to those of the big tour operators, because we are ourselves the tour operator and we do not use third party providers.
- It’s always a great idea to bring a bottle of water and sunscreen with you because in the warmer months it becomes quite hot and sunny.
- A hat to protect your head and shade your face is also recommended when spending a significant amount of time in the sun.
- Do not accept ‘gifts’ from street vendors approaching tourists. They may offer you roses, but if choose you accept, you will be expected to pay or give a tip for them.
- For your safety inside the vehicle, drivers provide commentary only when it is deemed safe to do so while driving. When your driver must concentrate during difficult driving conditions, please refrain from any distracting behavior as your safety during the tour is our top priority.
- Your Driver will drop you off as close to the sites as legally possible and in accordance to the Municipality and Traffic laws of Athens.
- Our service is solely confirmed when the potential customer has received and email confirming services along with the details of the tour. If the confirmation email is not received than please conclude that the service has not been confirmed. We suggest you contact us immediately for further clarification.