Our driver will meet you just outside the cruise termnal in Piraeus Port and after 30min drive through the town of Piraeus and its beautiful ports -Marina Zea-Kastela-Mikrolimano- we will arrive in Athens.
Your first stop (to avoid heat and crowds) will be the famous Acropolis Hill. You will see the Parthenon, the Erechtheion and the Caryatids (Porch of Maidens), the Temple of Athena Nike, and looking down at the footsteps of the hill the theater of Dionysus, the first and the biggest ancient theater where the first drama in the world performed and the Herod Atticus Odeum, a grand Roman theater restored and used today for concerts and classical plays during the summer Athens Festival.
After visiting the Acropolis, you will enjoy a driving tour of the city where you will visit the top sights including the Temple of Olympeian Zeus. You will see the Panathenaic Stadium where the first modern Olympics where help in 1896, you will see the Parliament Building with its traditionally dressed evzones soldiers guarding the Monument to the Unknown soldier, Lycavettus hill the highest hill of Athens for some wonderful photo opportunities, the university of Athens, the National Library and more. After this driving tour, you will visit the Ancient Agora.”Agora” in Greek means “a gathering place”. And so it was in Athens and some other cities of Greece. It was the civic center of political, social, intellectual, judicial and commercial life.
Following your visit to the Agora your driver will drop you off in Plaka area where you will have free time to stroll around the area and have lunch. After a leisurely afternoon of exploring, you will meet your driver again for the return trip to the pier.
Note: The Ancient Agora visit can be substituted with the Acropolis Museum.
Entrance fees, to the Acropolis
, Ancient Agora
and Temple of Zeus
, are 30 Euro total pp (combined ticket obtained at the ticket office of any site).
Free admission for:
- Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
Free admission (regardless age) on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
Summer period: 1 April – 31 October
Winter period: 1 November – 31 March
Opening hours for the archeological sites of Athens including Acropolis:
Winter period: 8:30 – 15:00
Summer period: 8:00 – 19:30
All sites and museums are closed or have reduced opening hours, on the following holidays:
• 1 January: closed
• 6 January: closed
• Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 25 March: closed
• Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
• Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
• Easter Sunday : closed
• Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 1 May: closed
• Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
• 15 August: 08.30-15.00
• 28 October: 08.30-15.00
• 25 December: closed
• 26 December: closed
- Please note that on this tour, your driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb to the top of the Acropolis or inside any other site or museum. If you want a licensed guide to tour the sites with you, you can hire one at extra cost.
- The Acropolis may only be accessed by walking uphill. It is a strenuous walk and you must be in good physical condition. There is a pathway, but there are also steps near the top. Keep in mind that the weather may be very hot during the summer.
- Disabled access at the Acropolis is provided by a wheelchair stair climber lift elevator. Please do keep in mind that this is an elevator strictly available to disabled visitors only. That includes:
> visitors using a wheelchair or some other kinetic equipment
> visitors with some kind of physiopathological condition that affects their kinetic ability either permanently or temporarily and
> visitors that have a certified rate of disability whether this is affecting their kinetic ability or not.
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended. Sun glasses and sun screen are suggested.
- Walking: Difficult-To climb up to the Acropolis, guests must be able to walk over paved, inclined paths, some with steps, then climb a series of steps to reach the Propylea. The walking surfaces on top of the Acropolis are uneven.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
- The order of the sites may change due to crowds, traffic and demonstrations.We do our best to ensure that every stop described is available for your visit. There are some times when a site or building is closed at the last moment with little to no warning. We assume that those in charge make those decisions based on external information and for the visitors’ safety and we apologize when this causes inconvenience and disappointment.
- Our prices are much better in comparison to those of the cruise companies or on board, because we are ourselves the tour operator and we do not use third party providers.
- It’s always a great idea to bring a bottle of water and sunscreen with you because in the warmer months it becomes quite hot and sunny.
- A hat to protect your head and shade your face is also recommended when spending a significant amount of time in the sun.
- The area around the Acropolis Hill, Plaka and Syntagma Square (changing of the guards) can become quite crowded, especially during the peak travel months, so be aware of your surroundings and keep your belongings close to you.
- Do not accept ‘gifts’ from street vendors approaching tourists. They may offer you roses, but if choose you accept, you will be expected to pay or give a tip for them.
- For your safety inside the vehicle, drivers provide commentary only when it is deemed safe to do so while driving. When your driver must concentrate during difficult driving conditions, please refrain from any distracting behaviour as your safety during the tour is our top priority.
- Your Driver will drop you off as close to the sites as legally possible and in accordance to the Municipality and Traffic laws of Athens.
- Our service is solely confirmed when the potential customer has received and email confirming services along with the details of the tour. If the confirmation email is not received than please conclude that the service has not been confirmed. We suggest you contact us immediately for further clarification